Thursday, May 22, 2008

BETH IS NOW EMPLOYED!

Well, I have kind of been looking for a job off and on since I moved up here, but nothing showed up immediately. I finally got rather fed up with sitting at home all the time and feeling lazy. Therefore, Monday morning found me dropping off my resume at different places. I left my resume at Waterford Corporate, the company that owns Chris's hotel and several others, and within an hour, I got a call from Scott. He is the General Manager of the Residence Inn Marriott in Mystic, and he asked me if I were available today to come and interview. Well, I was, and had the job a half hour later. I'm pretty sure the resume was nothing special, but when God has a plan, He makes it very clear. I'm excited to find opportunities to witness to my coworkers, learn the new computer system, and still make a little money. :) Tentatively, I will be working between 30 and 40 hours weekly. We make jokes about who's hotel is better now, but I'm pretty sure mine is slightly less ghetto. Praise the LORD for making His will clear and providing for His own!

2 comments:

Heidi said...

Hey!
Congrats on the new job! I'm so glad you're on blogspot...we are too! Our address is jeremyandheidi.blogspot.com.
Glad to hear you guys are doing well. Oh, and don't worry...you'll have lots more car problems in the years to come, so start saving now! Way to be encouraging right? (We've spent $2000 on our van since Jan!!)
Love ya,
Weible

Heidi said...

Oh, one more thing, Beth~ there are cool blog layouts on pyzam...I got sick of variety on this site really quick...not much to chose from! Check it out. :)

New York City

New York City
Please ignore the grafitti behind us...