Thursday, June 26, 2008

So I Know It's Been A While...

I kept waiting for life to slow down and THEN I would update the blog. However, I'm still waiting for that to occur...
Does life ever slow down? I kinda hope not. Because what in the world would we be doing with ourselves if we had nothing to do? Lately, Chris and I have been working opposite shifts and have seen little of each other. Not a complaint, just fact...well, okay, maybe it is a complaint. :D
I have begun training for my new summer job at Groton Parks and Recreation as the Assistant Director of Teen Camp. I'm really looking forward to every aspect of it. Isn't it incredible how when you give your life to God He allows you to do just what you love? I'm excited about the prospects of contacts for youth group and just spending time with the kids. Basically, A.J. (the director) and I take the teens on day trips 3 days a week to places like Six Flags and tough places like that. :)
Chris is still working at Holiday Inn. His schedule changes almost daily which is frustrating, but we know it's what God has for us right now and we're thankful for the job. We've been married almost 3 months now...wow. Time really flies. I miss my family and friends back in PA but am so thankful for the new friends God has given me here. I guess I'm feeling contemplative tonight, but God has been good to us, and I want everyone to know. Life isn't always easy, but it sure is a lot of fun. :)

2 comments:

Richard-n-Candace said...

I know how you feel about not seeing Chris and missing family.. I've been down that road.. Please don't hesitate to call or come over.. who knows what we can do.. we're crazy women!!

Valued & Vulnerable said...

We sure love you and pray each moment here will be a joy of training, learning and spiritual growth. You will draw closer to Chris (your best friend) with each lonely moment! But when you need company you know where i live!! Even though i am old!! sniff, sniff!

New York City

New York City
Please ignore the grafitti behind us...